Saturday, June 21, 2014

You're Fabulous

Hi my sweet blogging buddies! I hope it's a  great weekend for you! : )
My brand new and very first ever Paper Smooches goodies arrived yesterday, wow! I placed my order on 6/17 and they were in my hands on 6/19! Now that's some top notch service! Not to mention, the majority of my order was paid with the $50 gift card that the owner of Paper Smooches, Kim Hughes, so generously gave away for National Scrapbooking Day over at Scrapbook and Cards Today which I was the super lucky winner of. And if that wasn't enough, Kim added an extra stamp set with my order, just to say thanks! I am overwhelmed with gratitude for this amazing gift. Paper Smooches is a wonderful company with a wonderful owner!
They also hold a challenge over a their SPARKS Challenges Blog
...and I made my card just in time for the Week 3 Anything Goes challenge, yay! This is my first time playing and know I'll be a Paper Smooches SPARKS challenges regular from now on. Do you have some PS stamps that need a little love? If so, why not pull em out and come play with me too! I'd love to see some of my blogging friends over there!
On my card I used Feathers Dies and Blissful Banners, the stamp set Kim sent me for free! Now I simply cannot live without the coordinating Streamers Dies--yep, definitely my next purchase!
I'm entering my mixed media card into The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog- Challenge #1 for June, Spray Inks & Mists!
I even got brave and played with my Gelatos after I cuttled the base cardstock with one of the new Anna Griffin embossing folders. Gelatos are awesome to make your own spray mists with! Just chip off a bit of whatever color Gelato you want into a generic spray bottle (small works best), then add water til you get the hue you want and you have yourself some gorgeous spray mist!  Ok seriously, these Feathers Dies are SO much fun! I inked them in a few colors of SU ink, then spritzed a little bleach on them and it created this super cool effect! I added a few of my new sequins from V's Sweet Ideas--she has lots of yummy colors of them too!!
That's all for me today! I appreciate you visiting my blog and I hope you have a most wonderful and blessed day!

13 comments:

Lyn Wallan-Smith said...

Oh Linsey your card is stunning the beautiful texture and the colour all adds up to a stunning creation. Congrats on your win well deserved I am sure cant wait to see your lovely creations with all your new stamps

Stampsnob said...

Well aren't you the lucky one? I have smooch in the bottom of a drawer and never took the time to figure out what to do with it SO thank you for the inspiration Your card is beautiful..............Lis

Katie Gehring said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors, texture and the yummy gold! Thank so much for playing along with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

aisab said...

Very pretty!

Kate said...

This is such a beautiful creations, Love all the textures you did with it.

Donna B. said...

Beautiful card! I love the background those pretty feathers. Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Lynn K said...

Gorgeous card! Love the color combo and the feathers are beautiful!! Thanks for joining us in our first Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Melanie said...

Kim at Paper Smooches is amazing! You used her products so well. Great card. Thanks for joining the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

Lalo said...

WOW this is beautiful!!! The colors are fab and all the designs are just perfect!

-Lalo
DT at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge

Inkyfingers said...

This is just beautiful Linsey. I love the rich colours you got with the gelatos and thanks for the tip about making paint spray with them
Hugs
Carol x

Rachel said...

i LOVE this card and love that you created mists with your gelatos. This is really beautiful. Thank you so much for getting inky with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Linsey. Love the sponged colors... the feathers are beautiful.

jessica said...

Hey there girly!!! Playing catch-up over on your blog.....LOVE LOVE LOVE this gorgeous card!!!
WOW the colors and design are just AWESOME!!!
Hope you had a GREAT 4th of July!
Hugs my friend!