Friday, February 8, 2008

Infused Cake


Hey ya'll, I made a cake! I used my new Cake Decorating 101 set by Flourishes and...I love it! I never thought I would be able to do anything with this set because I am naturally lame when it comes to real creativity and this is like a build-a-cake set, from the ground up! Well, I actually think I pulled it off and the play potential of these stamps is endless! I can imagine much enjoyment to come with them--it's the next best thing to actully being a hoity-toity pastry chef (minus the pay!) I embossed the stand, platter, cake and garlands in gold, then did it again for the base and platter, only I embossed on Basic Grey's Infuse dp, then cut and put them in place. The cake is decorated with a combination of white foam paint, pink fabric paint, fruit punch stickles and dazzling diamond glitter and it's so much prettier and sparkley irl! The rose is from Crafty Secrets. Hope you like it and if you own this set, visit SCS at the Flourishes forum for details on entering your cake creation in their contest...it's open for the entire month of February and they're giving away FREE Flourishes stamp sets! ~hugs and yummy stamping~

7 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card Linsey, LOVE the fun design and pretty paper. Jennifer :)

JenMarie said...

How FAB*U*LOUS is this???!!!!

Donna Baker said...

the cake looks Yumm-o!! great layout

Diane said...

Can I have a piece of that cake,it looks so yummy!!!! Beautiful card!

Joani McDonald said...

I just love your card! Very perky for a birthday card! Love the paper too!
Hugs,
Joani

Deb Wood said...

Naturally lame, yeah right! You are awesome and this card proves it!! The cake is yummy and the card very beautiful!!

Lee said...

Oh how fun!!! What a gorgeous cake and OH MY!! Another company I was trying NOT to get into!! LOL My dd will absolutely want this set as we just finished taking Cake Decorating classes!!! I love the enabling!!! LOL