Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hop Around The Clock



I decided to post my hoppy clock since I made it for my sweet, angelic nephew, Anthony--he's 6 years old and such a big boy so he needs his own clock for his bedroom. I entered this into Melanie Muenchinger's Just So Hoppy contest...can you believe that someone else made a clock using the frog too?! Yes, we may have been separated a birth, but Terri definitely got more creative with hers! Check it out at her blog, it's absolutely fabulous! There were so many amazing entries, I am in awe of the extraordinary talent you all possess! I was overjoyed when Melanie announced my awesome pal DONNA the first place winner of the Hoppy contest! She created a chronicle of Hoppy cards, every single one of them being tremendous! I love that girl! She's so modest about her talent, yet she is always complimenting others on their work and she's super generous as well! She is most deserving of this honor and I just want to say how proud and happy I am to know Donna--she's the BOMB!

Deets on my clock:

  • 10 x 10" wood clock from Oriental Trading Co.
  • background is paper adhered to the base with a strong spray adhesive "Duro" is the brand
  • 1 piece of 8 1/2x11" green foam; I cut out lilypads after looking online for some images of real ones--before that and the flowers, it totally looked like a bird eye's view of a golf course green!
  • layered silk flowers and placed on edges of lilypads and 1 big one floating in the *water*
  • placed Gina K. clear rain dots sporadically on the lilypads (added glitter too, but I wouldn't do it again--it took away from the realistic look of dew drops being on them.)
  • Stamped my frogs and 1 of them was stamped onto acetate, then transferred to white cardstock to reverse him. It didn't come out clear, so I carefully traced frog's lines with a black Sakura gelly roll pen and that helped a lot! colored and adhered to base with dimensionals.
  • Stamped umbrella, water puddle and butterfly, 3 accessories that come with Melanie's Hoppy set, and went over them with silver Sakura gelly roll pen, placing them accordingly
  • Numbers are rub-ons as are the 3 black flowers near the bottom left lilypad (I had to cover up a mistake there, hehe!)
I also want to give shout-outs to some of the other honorable hoppy mentions, which were all outstanding! Check out Lee-Jessie-Carolina-just a few of the ladies who made such memorable creations and inspire me everyday! You all ROCK! Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

Lisa L. said...

You are so creative! This clock is so unique and it is adorable.

Carolina said...

Love this clock and congrats once again on the honorable hoppy mention - so deserved! Your nephew is one very lucky little guy...what a treat to have a one of a kind clock made my his very talented aunt!

Donna Baker said...

OH MY WORD, LINS! I {HEART} this clock! congratulations on the honorable mention (I know Melanie had a hard time judging!) this clock is amazing! I love the rain dot details and the reverse frog...smart! Thank you for your sweet words, as usual. I am blessed to have you as an encourager.

Julia Aston said...

Linsey this is SO adorable - what a fun clock for your nephew - I bet he just LOVES it - especially made by his Aunt! They must have had a lot of wonderful entries for this not to have won!!

Anonymous said...

I am so in awe of your creativity!
Cyndi

Terri said...

I think your clock is really cool. I am sure you Nephew is going to love it. Thanks for the sweet things you said about my clock here and on my blog today too.

Joani McDonald said...

Linsey, that's awesome! Love the froggies. I have a clock I got from the BIG LOTS opening here in town - maybe it's the next thing to craft!
I'm sure he loved it!!
Hugs,
Joani

Jessie/knightrone said...

Linsey, I soooooooo LOVE this clock!! You totally rocked this!!! Your nephew is one lucky boy!!! Thanks for the shout out and congrats on your hoppy mention too!!

Jennie Skaggs said...

What a great clock. It is an amazing design. Jennie

Deb Wood said...

Congrats on the honorable mention. I have to imagine how wonderful they must have been because this is totally awesome, so adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Before finding out about links of london uk watches you should be familiar with some of the terminology. cheap links of london The word horology has two meanings; it is the study or science of measuring time links london jewellery or the art of making clocks, watches, and devices for telling links of london sale time.Since the first appearance of man on the earth an effort has links of london silver been made to determine time.The tracking of the sun's movement across discount links of london the sky, candles that were marked at intervals.