Monday, March 16, 2009

Whisper Of Spring

Oh, how I am longing for the warmer days of Spring to come...until then, this beautiful stamp set from Clear Artistic Stamps, Whispers Of Dreams from Belinda's Serenity Line, really helps brighten my mood. I created a card for this weeks featured stamper challenge over at scs, which happened to be a wonderful and talented friend of mine, Stacy Morgan (aka: Twinshappy). I drew my inspiration for the card below from one of Stacy's fabulous creations.
For the circles, I stamped one of the smaller florals from this set in Eggplant Envy, then stamped again without reinking, slightly off center to create a silhouette or shadow effect. I added some distressed stickles (color: faded jeans) to the tops of the blossoms (not sur if you can see it here).

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

8 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Gorgeous Lins! I love how you did the circles, with the stamped off image, looks fantastic!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Linsey this is beautiful! I just love it, I am so blessed you made a card! thanks again. Hugs...

StampinCathy said...

Happy St Patty's Day.
Wow this is just fabulous. I just love the layout and the colors are so pretty.

Shawne said...

So elegant looking Linsey.Beautiful, and the ribbon is stunning!

Kevin Renz said...

Gorgeous Linsey. I love that bow or rather knot...

Lee said...

WOW!!! What an awesome layout and those circles are so pretty!! I think I gotta CASE this one soon!!

Laurie Wilson said...

Fabulous layout and colors, WOW, just a gorgeous card!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Sooo cool! Love how you did the three small circles to accent that great image, rockstar!