Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Create Yourself

Hey friends! I sure hope you are having a FANTASTIC day! I might be in a recycling mood lately because of Earth Day coming up on the 22nd...not sure lol. But I'm definitely inspired by things around the house for my mixed media projects and this one is no exception! . All of the stamps used on this project are Unity. I used several to create the background as well as the large sentiment which I think is just wonderful! I used the Unity Be Inspired color challenge (#13) for April as my color inspiration. I might frame this if I can find one to fit it properly. Entering this for the following:
I started with a piece of corrugated cardboard a bit smaller than 8x8" and painted the base with white, silver and translucent gloss letting some drip and dotted randomly with one of those shipping peanuts found in packaging. I found that spreading some of my homemade texture paste onto a torn piece of sturdy card stock then stamping directly onto it creates a cool effect! I will be trying this in other ways for sure!
 Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a creative and blessed day! Now, off to see what you lovely peeps have been up to!

7 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

You are so inspiring I need to find time to get more creative............Lis

Kellie 0:) said...

Fantastic creation. Love your creativity. I must do some more mixed media. TFS and joining isa t Jo;s for Funday Friday

jessica said...

WOW WOW WOW Linsey!! This is gorgeous!!!! I just LOVE your mixed media projects!!! Totally awesome! I would LOVE to say you have inspired me to try this but I could never make anything look so pretty....have to start out with baby steps...maybe alittle embossing paste :)
AWESOME job my friend! Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT one!!

Michele Kovack said...

Very creative! I love this mixed media piece! Have a great weekend!

Milliesmarvels said...

Hi Linsey! This is fabulous! Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog. It really made my day!
Hugs
Jane
x

Stephanie Hackney said...

Another fun entry!

I love that saying too. I have a stamp with that saying sitting right above my desk.

Good luck,

Steph

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!
Love the colours, textures and sentiment!!!