Wednesday, June 11, 2014

TCP Sneaky Peek 3- Simple Blooms & Nature's Hello

Hi friends! Thanks for joining me for day 3 of the TCP 2014 Summer Release! I'm having so much fun guest designing for Alma and her wonderful company, The Cat's Pajamas! Today's sets are SO delightful! Here's a looksee!
Nature's Hello
 Simple Blooms and Butterflies CutUps
I used the scroll sentiment from Simple Blooms and the brand new Butterflies CutUps die to make a canvas for my niece, Hannah. It's for her brand new bedroom, which she has specified she wants decorated in a half camo, half princess theme. LOL!  My sister and brother-in-law just moved into their very first home in Plano, TX. I'm so proud of my baby sissy on this monumental stepping stone in life. Being a homeowner for the first time comes with so many thrills and challenges. I remember when we bought our home, I stood there at the top of the staircase one day and just gazed upon this space thinking, is this really ours? Am I really the "woman" of the house? Woah....a little bit scary...but mostly, I had a sense of such gratitude and was so thankful. I try to remember how special it is to have a comfortable home to live in each day and how very blessed I am. Now I have the joy of watching my sister enjoy this milestone and I hope that Hannah likes this bit of extra sparkle in her new room!
 It was not difficult to make these butterflies look so pretty. I just die cut a few in the 2 colors and pieced them back together. Oh, if you want a tip that's worth more than gold, I have one for you!GOLD is super trending in the industry right now. But just because gold is at an all-time high doesn't mean we should have to pay top dollar to create a solid gold masterpiece! I got a big package (10-12) of gold Chinese take out boxes at the Dollar Tree like 5 years ago and hardly ever did anything with them--til now. I simply dissembled the box and used it to make my own custom gold die cuts! Check out your local dollar store for gold paper items that might be alterable. I haven't been able to beat it yet!
I heat embossed Enjoy Life sentiment from Simple Blooms in gold. Aren't the butterflies fabulous?! Yes, that was plural--even though this looks like 1 big butterfly at a glance, give it a closer look. There are actually 4 separate butterflies in this die! OH how I love pretty winged things! I added a Teresa Collins washi tape pattern to create the border and a soft white lace trim from RRR around the canvas to finish it. The canvas, sequins and gold acetate frame are from my superb LBH Front Porch Kit {Your Time To Shine} I really like how this turned out. What do you think?

Okay....
Here's everything you need to know about THE CAT'S PAJAMAS New Release: 
1. All the new stamps and dies will be released on Tuesday, June 17th.
2. If you're IN IT TO WIN IT, visit the TCP Forum at Splitcoastampers to comment and chat on the IN IT TO WIN IT thread every day for an opportunity to score some new TCP goodies.                           
4.  Visit Alma's Dancing In Pajamas blog daily through the 17th to see where you can reward yourself with more SNEAKY PEEK eye candy!
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you'll stop by tomorrow for the Day 4 Sneaky Peek reveal!
Have a creative and blessed day!

10 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

such a beautiful card
hugs Kate x

Lyn said...

I am sure your niece is going to love this canvas. I laughed half camo, half princess. Reminds me of my own daughter transitioning out of young girl things and asking if we could take all the pink out of her room :). We are indeed very blessed to have roofs over our heads, there is a sence of peace that comes with being in your own home for sure.

DonnaTheBwana said...

Lovely!!

We live in Plano, too!

Congrats to your sister on her new home!

Nancy Thomas said...

Oh how pretty! The gold butterflies are gorgeous. I am sure your niece will love it.

Stampsnob. said...

Wonderful job ...........Lis

ChristineCreations said...

What you’ve done with these butterflies is just lovely Linsey!

jessica said...

Hey there girlie! I am playing catch-up after being gone for a week....and OMG you have been busy!!!
AWESOME project for your niece! She is going to LOVE it...I know I do!!!! Those butterflies are gorgeous!
FAB job my friend!

Anonymous said...

Great job, love the butterflys!

Brenda said...

Love what you did with todays sets! Definitely a piece that will cherished a long time!

Kate said...

Beautiful, Love the butterflies.