Tuesday, September 9, 2014

"be the change" Mixed Media Canvas

Hey there! Just popping in to share a little 6x6" mini canvas I made today in 30 minutes--yep, I did! It was super simple with my Design Memory Craft Gelatos® + water and couple other supplies to make a quick-mixed-media-mini-work-of-art! I'll be entering this into the Take The Challenge with Mou September 2014 challenge. Mou challenged us to create something in 30 minutes or less. I set my stove timer to 30 minutes and had 6 m leftover before photos were taken, hooray!
I added a little bit of Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel to create a sand effect along the base. In addition to Gold Gelato on the beach area, the following Gelato colors were used to create the rest of the canvas: Blueberry, Metallic Mint, Raspberry, Black and Coconut. The wonderful stamp is one of my all-time faves called Be The Change Unity Stamp Co. sentiment is stamped with Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink Pad and a few sequins are added for a bit-o-sparkle!
I'm also entering this canvas into the Unity Friends With Flair Challenge!
That's all for now! Thanks a bunch for visiting me! I love seeing my friends in bloggyland! Wishing you a creative and blessed day!!
 

19 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

30 minutes? Crazy Linsey. Gorgeous. I can't even make a card in 30 minutes. FYI my mailman has not brought me your goodies. :(

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful colors on your canvas, Love it !!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

very beautiful - I love that quote - thanks for sharing

Barb Housner

Papercrafting With Angelina said...

Wow, this is so very beautiful. I am hoping you will do a video on how you did this so that I can do the same. Or I would love to purchase this from you! TFS Angelina

Kate said...

This is Gorgeous my friend, can't even believe it was made in 30 minutes. The colors are so relaxing to look at. Hope your having a great week.

Linda said...

I love your water coloring very pretty!

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

This is so pretty. It inspires me to try something on a canvas.

Sheryl said...

This is so beautiful! Takes me right back to vacation in the Caribbean!

Ruby said...

Very cool canvas.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is just beautiful - I love the colors!

Dawnll said...

The colors are amazing on your canvas...love this sentiment from Unity

Katherine said...

Agree that the colors are fab... i'm just starting to dabble in mixed media... this is very inspiring!

Gaylynn said...

Such beautiful art. Hard to believe it took 30 minutes.

Katie S. said...

What a beautiful canvas! This is amazing!

Miwa said...

Beautiful canvas project!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is awesome. It makes me want to dip my toes in the surf! Very calming.

Sue D said...

Love the beach theme.

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! Terrific beachy background and lovely sentiment. I can barely pick the stamps I want in 30 minutes! :D

Rubeena I. said...

so creative, really great job!