Thursday, October 9, 2014

Christmas Present Cards! + Tutorial

Hey there my artsy friends! Sorry it's been a while--I've had quite a bit on my plate lately but I wont bore you with all those dreary details because  I'm excited to share this project with you today! I call them Christmas present cards because my vision was to make a card that resembles a pretty wrapped present with a big beautiful bow in the center! I love wrapping Christmas presents and adding all the pretties to the tops while sipping  cocoa on the floor in front of a toasty fire...ahhh :) Well, making these cards almost felt like I was wrapping a couple of gifts for under the tree! These are going to become gift cards once I add them to the insides making them actual presents! Fun! I used several of the gorgeous ribbons from the October Ribbon Club Assortment, Christmas Celebrations accompanied by these marvelous Wild Orchid Craft Bead Berry Spray Clusters in Red, all from the Really Reasonable Ribbon store!
Aren't they pretty! They came together so easily too! Here's how:
1. Cut a 3 3/4 x 3 3/4" square, a 4 x 4" square and a 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 piece of white cardstock. Score the big piece of card stock at 4 1/4" to make a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4" square card base.
2. Dry emboss both the 3 3/4" and 4" pieces of card stock with folder of choice (I used Divine Swirls from Cuttlebug).
3. Cut ribbon into strips as follows: 2 strips of 4 1/2" red snowflake grosgrain and forest green snowflake grosgrain, 2 strips of 6" red snowflake grosgrain and forest green snowflake grosgrain, 2 strips of 5" red/white wavy vertical stripe satin and Christmas dots and green oval satin and 2 strips of 5" white lace for each card, plus one bead berry spray cluster for each of the centers.
4. Add Viva 3-D Paint in Gold around the edges and about an inch in on the 4 inch piece. This awesome paint is courtesy of Heartfelt Creations for our upcoming RRR and Heartfelt Creations blog hop on October 15th!!! It's going to be great fun and this is your official invitation to join us!! Just visit the RRR Blog on the 15th to see what all the hubbub is about! 
5. Tape down the 2 strips of 4 1/2" snowflake ribbons vertically and horizontally to make a cross on the smallest piece of card stock.
6. Glue the remaining 6 strips together into individual loops then layer as follows to make the bow: criss cross the 2 strips of lace and glue down first. Next, glue down the 6" loops vertically and horizontally. A top of that, glue down the wavy loops in the criss cross pattern. Finally, glue down the beaded spray cluster and attach a mini tag to the top. Adhere the squares together accordingly and done!
I hope you like them and I hope you might give it a try! If you do, be sure to share! I'd love to see them! Thanks so much for visiting me! Have a creative and very blessed day my friends!

9 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Thank you for the TT I have the 3D Stamp paint and have only hit the edges of petals etc with it I am so happy to see it used another way Your presents are beautiful...Lis

~amy~ said...

How fun are these?! awesome idea and I love how you used that gold paint, which I have and hoard so thank you for the inspiration!

jessica said...

WOWZERS girl!! These are AWESOME!!!!
What GORGEOUS cards and whomever you share these with are going to LOVE them!!!!
AWESOME tutorial too :)

Anonymous said...

GF, these are fabulous!!!!

Kate said...

Absolutely Gorgeous.

Migdalia said...

OMG!! fabulous & Festive!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Ina Good said...

They look just like real presents!How clever you are. Great cards!

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Your gift cards are really gorgeous! Beautiful choice of ribbons! Hugs,Tee

Linda Storey said...

WOW, love them! TFS!.