Monday, August 1, 2016

Journey Mixed Media Canvas

Hello and happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend and got re-energized and ready for an awesome week and a new month! Yep, it's August already!! And that means a brand new Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!! This month, it's MMMC #27-TRAVEL!
I was inspired to create a mixed media travel themed art canvas filled to the brim with lots of icons, chipboard, stickers, and bits of metal! What fun it was to just freely create!
I had fun with this canvas, layering a variety of eclectic elements to create a hodgepodge of mixed media goodness.  I used Skeleton Clocks and Steampunk Shape Set on my canvas. I first painted a coat of white gesso over all the chipboard and then added color with sprays. I also tried rub-on foils over the painted chipboard and wooden pieces and it worked beautifully!
I altered the Memories Wooden Charm in the same fashion and added a number 3 from the Faux
Metal Number Plates to the mix. I used some Tim Holtz rub-on sentiments and gold Prima rub-on foils over the painted chipboard and wooden pieces and it worked beautifully! All stickers are from Carta Bella's Old World Travel collection and have been sponged around all edges for a more worn look. The background was achieved with Tattered Angels sprays and then finished with a sponging of white chalk ink.
 I enjoyed pulling out some of my superb 7 Gypsies embellishments including Industrial Gears, Antique Gold Key Set, Antique Optical Lens and miniature Apothacary bottle. And I even found a place for my tiny world globe that I've had in my stash since God rested on the seventh day!!! Yay!!!
And a final close-up...
Thank you so much for visiting and allowing me to share my project today! Wishing you a creative journey!

9 comments:

Patti Krauss said...

Stunning canvas. love all the embellies & texture!

geogems said...

What a great collection of all sorts of things...I would want to travel w/you! Great job---especially using old things from your stash!

Helen said...

Beautiful canvas! LOVE all the bits and pieces you used!! Very inspirational!

KarenB said...

Oh wow... so much to explore on your gorgeous canvas. I love the texture and dimension.

Drea Slee said...

Gorgeous work of art! Fabulous embellies and texture!

Dora's Corner said...

Beautiful project, I love its complexity and colours!

Toni said...

I Love all the wonderful elements you used to pull your canvas together... Beautiful !!!

WendyK said...

Fabulous, just love the colours and all the gorgeous textures.

Lilian said...

This is awesome!