Friday, October 14, 2016

Take Life....MMMC #29 Mid-Month Inspiration

Hello there! Can you believe that October is already half over? Me either!! I thought I'd share my latest project with you since it happens to have one of the super fun Stampotique stamps I got to play with for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge this month. The stamp I used here is called Splattered Mug and it worked out nicely for my Fall coffee/tea themed mixed media canvas board.  I've been wanting to re-create this ever since I watched Vicky Papaioannou make her beautiful "Take Life One Cup At A Time" art journal page. I watched her YouTube video HERE over and over as I worked on mine and I really did use hers as my total inspiration, title and all, so ALL credit goes to her and her brilliantly artistic mind. I never could have come up with something like this on my own. I enjoyed the process thoroughly and encourage you to try something artistic that you've been putting off too! It was quite satisfying to see the final result and I had a lot of fun making it. 
Although I followed along with Vicky's process video as if it were a step by step tutorial, as I created, this canvas really did become my own.  It's not perfect and that's okay too. Like I said, it felt good to make it and that's what it's all about. Here's a couple close up's...
 I really enjoyed having this opportunity to play with Stampotique Originals Stamps! If you are a stamper, you should check them out! Fun is what they are!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you'll join us over at the MMMC blog for our October challenge #29-Fall/Halloween!

4 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

If your having tea have six people join you This is fun .......Lis

Unknown said...

Beautiful canvas! Love the cups!

Courtney said...

Love your cute project! The teacups are adorable!

Wendy said...

Love all the texture you achieved on this project. Thanks for the inspiration!