Monday, March 13, 2017

Really Reasonable Ribbon March Blog Hop!

Hello friends! Today I'm excited to share my project for the Really Reasonable Ribbon March Blog Hop! If you are already hopping, then you should be arriving here from the delightful and ultra talented CHERRY! If not, hop over to the RRR Blog to start!
The Spring Rainbow of Color March Ribbon Club Assortment is one of my favorite's ever! The rainbow of colorful ribbons inspired me to create something I've never done before and I had the most fun creating it!
And here it is...my rainbow mobile with hanging clouds, hearts and stars!
This mobile was a labor of love and it was really fun as well! I started with a large mason jar lid and began tying a strip of ribbon in each color around the lid until it was completely filled in. I die cut clouds and hearts from white, red and light pink felt, then glued them together along a string of fishing line. I added little red bubble heart embellishments to each string for weight, then I glued tiny gold stars randomly along the strings and added a few sequins for sparkle. Finally, I wanted to incorporate something with words into the project and found this white acrylic "little moments" piece from Elle's Studio to work nicely hanging in the center of the mobile.  I love how it turned out. It's even more cute in real life, as it's not easy to get a great shot of a swaying mobile in 38 degree Seattle weather in March--hehe.
And one lastf shot of all those wonderful ribbons....
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you've been inspired by the beautiful March Ribbon Club Assortment! Your next stop on the hop is SHEILA! Happy hopping and happy creating!

10 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

You made a RAINBOW!!!! I love this clever, sweet amazing idea! Of course you made a rainbow...you are the sunshine girl! Just so much FUN!

Bonnie Garby said...

This is absolutely AMAZING Linsey! What a creative use of this assortment this month and also a great gift for someone with a baby. Love Love Love it!!!!

Brandi R said...

Love this! So gorgeous and super fun!!!

Sue D said...

How fun and colorful. I like the use of felt.

Edwina said...

So pretty and cheerful! I love your mobile. It will brighten up a home and bring cheer too. Great idea! Edwina Brown

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Your mobile is the BOMB!!! How creative to use ALL the ribbons to be so festive and enjoy all the time!

Sherry said...

very pretty!

Judy Rozema said...

This is so clever! And beautiful and fun and everything! Simply wonderful!

Helen said...

A rainbow mobile--what a great way to showcase these colorful ribbons! Thanks for sharing it.

Sherri P said...

cool and colorful way to use ribbon!