Sunday, May 21, 2017

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #36-Put A Stamp On It!

Hey there! Today I'm sharing a project I made for our month-long challenge over at the MMMC blog and this month, MMMC #36 is "Put A Stamp On It"!
I had the best time inking up and playing with the ever so cute Flamingo Party stamp set from Hunkeydory Crafts. It's available at TopFlight Stamps, who also happen to be our sponsor this month and are offering up a $25 GC to a random winner from all the entries! So don't delay--get your mixed media with stamps mojo on today!
And here's my project!
When I received this stamp set, I immediately loved the flamingos (who doesn't) and I wanted to create a 3D scene with them standing up, so I chose this old jewelry gift box to alter and transform into a fun tropical flamingo party to celebrate the warmer, summer months that are quickly approaching. I had such a great time getting creative with this project! I stamped, cut and colored 4 flamingos, lots of leaves and several little and big pineapples. I also used a few of the mini accents stamps in this set to make a little banner of sorts. A few close ups...
I wanted lots of flowers along with the leaves and fruit and I used a variety of WOC mulberry flowers from RRR to achieve this. For the sparkly lagoon, I fitted a piece of aqua cardstock to the base and covered it with aqua iridescent glitter flecks. I couldn't resist adding this darling little turtle to the scene--he's come to see what this flamingo fun is all about! :)
The little banner I mentioned didn't really turn out the way I intended, but I worked it into the scene anyway since those tiny pineapples and hearts are so darn cute!  I also sprayed a bit of cheesecloth with Emerald Green Glimmer Mist to make it resemble lagoon/swamp-like grass and add more dimension to the foliage areas.
On the inside back panel, I was going for a blended sunset look, which totally failed. However, what came of it instead was a rather cool weathered effect with layers of faded color, so I still used it and I really like it. This is one of the many reasons I love mixed media art. It is very forgiving and a "mistake" often becomes something beautiful that I may never have envisioned on my own. It is very exciting to see what kind of results you will get by experimenting with different mediums!
Okay, I think you saw it from every angle! Thank you so much for visiting me and allowing me to share my mixed media flamingo project with you today! I hope you have found it enjoyable and feel inspired to join our Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #36-Put A Stamp On It in the next week! And don't forget to check out the awesome TopFlight Stamps store for all the latest and greatest stamps from all over the world! Have a great day and happy crafting!

No comments: