Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Really Reasonable Ribbon June Blog Hop!

Hi there! It's the 13th and that means it's time for the June Blog Hop with Really Reasonable Ribbon! Hooray!! If you are already hopping, then you should be arriving to me from the fabulous and amazing blog of CHERRY! If not, then just hop over to the RRR Blog for details and to start the hop!
Here's the June RRR Ribbon Club Assortment-Ocean Breeze in all its glory! So fabulous! Take a look!
So pretty and fresh, right?! I love this assortment! I always like to try to incorporate as many of the ribbons as possible when I make my RRR blog hop project. This month I wanted to do something completely different and new and decided to alter a metal bird house frame, transforming it into a sweet little cottage, brimming with color and happy things!
This is a very special cottage and it comes with a story! It was abandoned and falling apart--getting overgrown with weeds with a dilapidated and leaky roof. But the animals of the forest didn't see all that--they only saw the potential of the place. So, one fine day, they all came together and got busy restoring the cottage into a magical little world of love and beauty. And now all the woodland critters live together in their tiny home, happily ever after!
You might have noticeed the one-of-a-kind ribbon thatched roof! This is where most of the ribbons were used and I'm kind of in love with how it turned out. I love the detailed patterns on each ribbon and how they add even more interest to the fun roof! The owls thought it would be a hoot to add some colorful buttons tied with Natural Burlap String here and there. Afterwards, they nested atop the bed of soft ribbon shingles and settled right in.
Welcome to our happy home! Come on in an take a closer look......
All the pretty flowers are in full bloom here at the cottage. We don't know exactly what month it is, fore time isn't of the essence here. We enjoy a perpetual Spring/Summer in these magical woods where the warm days make way to mildly cooler evenings and fire flies light up the night. Ivory Open Roses and Pink Open Roses are popping out through the white picket fence. Off-White Chrysanthemums surrounded by a lovely Mix of Cosmos Daisy Stem Flowers, colorful Sweetheart Blossoms and Apple Blossoms adorn the front of each side of painted chipboard window frames, along with the dreamy Aqua Double-Faced Satin (part of the June Assortment) tied into soft, loopy bows. Growing from what seems like every crevice and corner are bright, beautiful flowers of all kinds. Tiny Two-Tone Leaves and White Spiral Stamens spout from within the greenery and shrubs. All is well in this happy world. No stress, no worries...no problems. Welcome home!
Inside the cottage stands a peaceful fairy statue and a birdbath, which the birds come to gather around daily and chirp about all the interesting things. Shimmering leaves hang from the ceiling and an worn pink bicycle rests against the rusted brick wall, possibly awaiting the return of a joyful child coming to take it for a spin down old Country Road where the wild strawberries grow.
Around the house on one side is a cute double window with white heart shutters.
On the opposite side, a handmade window sill planter filled with sparkling Resin Flowers with Rhinestone Flatback Cabochons and a metal water faucet.
This little flower planter was such fun to make! 😊😊😊
A final view of my altered cottage...
And that's all for me! Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you've been inspired! Your next stop on the hop is SHEILA! Happy crafting!

23 comments:

Bonnie Garby said...

WOW!! This is AMAZING Linsey!!! You officially knocked my socks off! What amazing little details everywhere. This is wonderful. LOVE IT!!!!

craftieodmae said...

WOW! So many gorgeous details!

Judy Rozema said...

I can't even wrap my head around how cool this is - and all the WORK! It looks just simply amazing -- the roof shingles are so clever and pretty. I am otherwise speechless!

Auntie Em said...

That is such an amazing display! I love the thatched ribbon roof and the colourful flowers and trims. And how special how you have woven a story of the little bird house around the pretty decorations. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work! :)

Gloria Stengel said...

Well, just who do you think you are?! Holy birdhouses, Batman! This beyond and above the beyond to way beyond! What a creative use of ribbon and what a spectacular project. I am super impressed and and soaking in every little detail of this project! Also, I noticed your blog has had a facelift since I last was here! LOVE it!!! You, my dear, are so creative and such a wonderful artist. Really, your project made my whole face smile! ;)

Sue D said...

What a cute idea to embellish this cottage with ribbons and more.

Christine said...

Gorgeous and so very clever! Love the ways you used ribbons on this sweet project!

Becca Yahrling said...

Stunning and beautiful and I just love this! I'd love to live
there with all the little critters. I'm a birdie lover, but do
so love all critters. We talk to ours all the time (the ones
outside...).

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is the sweetest project I have ever seen. Snow White could live here and be perfectly content. That roof....did you know my husband is a roofer? That is just so out of the box, creative and delightful that I have no words. And all the little woodland critters tucked in and among the flowers? Linsey, this is darling and creative and wonderful The story just warms my heart. You, my dear, are sunshine in human form. Love you to bits!

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun way to use your ribbon - as shingles on your cottage roof! Very clever!

Martie Rollin said...

I don't think I've ever seen ribbon roof tiles...seems to work on this project! Very interesting!

Loose Stitches said...

Oh how bright and cheerful! Fabulous design, love the beautiful flowers and ribbon! Very clever idea!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

krcmasterpiece said...

Wow! This is creating outside the box! Lots of hard work and love all the details!

Unknown said...

Wow I am speachless your project is so beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration to try other uses for the ribbons.

Edwina said...

Oh, my goodness! This is so stunning! It is gorgeous! I love how you used the ribbons on the roof. This little fairy house is just wonderful in every way. I love it and hope I can find a house frame to make myself one. Edwina Brown

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is amazing! Wonderful project!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful project! Love the colors and details! The Ocean Breeze Assortment is lovely!

Unknown said...

That's quite a creative cottage. Lots of great ribbon for sure.
Sierra

www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

Stampsnob. said...

WOW Linsey soooooooo beautiful..Lis

Diane Noble said...

Amazing...simply, adorably amazing!!!

Helen said...

This cottage is a creative inspiration. Using the ribbons for colorful roof shingles was a great idea. Thanks for sharing this.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

You are incredibly talented!!! Your layers on this adorable cottage are wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

WOW what a fabulous project! Love the little story :)