Thursday, August 31, 2017

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #40-Vintage

Hello friends and happy September 1st! I hope you're still enjoying great weather where you live. We sure are here in the Pacific NW--this is probably my favorite time of year for the weather. It's still warm, but the leaves are beginning to change colors and there is a crispness and freshness in the air that I love. This month we have a great new Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #40-Vintage! Going vintage is so much fun! I LOVE vintage anything!! How about you?!
And our awesome sponsor this month is The Funkie Junkie Boutique
Since I'm still feeling summertime mixed with the beginning of fall, I was inspired to create a mixed media canvas featuring a super cute vintage camper! For the trees and stickers, I used the new Cabin Fever collection and for the camper, I used the new Happy Harvest Simple Set, both from Simple Stories. The base was painted with 2 coats of DecoArt Dazzling Metallics Ice Blue Paint.
I had a ball with this canvas! We just returned from a trip in the cascade mountains near Leavenworth, WA and it was heavenly! We stayed in a quaint little log cabin overlooking the Wenatchee river with big, beautiful trees towering all around us. My project was definitely inspired by our trip! I was also inspired by lots of great Pinterest vintage camper creations, which are endless--particularly, this one here. If you haven't done one before, I encourage you to make your very own vintage camper too! It's so much fun!!
I used some beautiful vintage-style Victoria White Crochet Lace from Really Reasonable Ribbon to make little curtains (or valances) and a bit more along the lower panel of camper. 
And I added some Ivory Ric Rac here along with a strip of Mini Hearts on Apple Green Grosgrain Ribbon, one of my favorites. The little rub-on sentiment goes perfect with this ribbon and theme of my project, too! :) 
And that's all for me! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you'll join our MMMC#40-Vintage challenge this month! There's also a brand new Anything Goes with Ribbon/Trim Challenge up at the RRR blog today and I'd love to see your projects with ribbon and trim too! Have a great day and happy crafting! 

9 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh my little goodness! How cute is this darling paper pieced card? This had to have taken you forever! I love all the happy little patterned trees and that adorable camper. You are soooo clever! Big hugs!

Let's Art Journal said...

Your campervan is delightful, I love the vintage look you created with the pretty papers and lace! It looks like you had so much fun creating this piece too with the lovely lamp and camping rules - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy week! J 😊

Marjut said...

Wow, what an amazing Project.

sarascloset said...

Linsey, your canvas is delightful! I am squealing over all the papers, textiles and patterns! It looks like there is going to be a vintage camper show up by Kathy Clement's neck of the woods in November, and this would be darling to hang in one of the campers! PS thank you for your kind words on my blog (Mixed Media Layout) and for choosing it as the winner last month! I was totally caught by surprise and humbled by that! Hugs!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun scene you created on your canvas Linsey! wonderful mix of papers and patterns on your trees and vintage camper! Julia xx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Super cute camper, love all details on it, very well done!
Love your idea of this canvas.

ionabunny said...

What a fun collage. Love all the quirky little details. Hugz

SweetScraps said...

Love love love your vintage camper project. Been wanting to do something similar to commemorate our tiny house travels this summer.

Karen Petitt said...

Love your collage! It's something that I've found hard to get my head around so thank you very much for sharing your art which helps me to understand it a little better Karen x