Thursday, September 14, 2017

MMMC #40-Vintage Mid-Month Inspiration

Hello and happy Friday! It's the 15th and I have some mid-month inspiration for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #40-Vintage Theme. There is plenty of time to get your mixed media mojo on and join our challenge too! I would absolutely LOVE to see your creations!!! Visit the MMMC Blog for details and to link up your project!
I've made a miniature Halloween gypsy wagon from scratch using a tiny tart tin as the base, which I altered by painting it with gesso and then adding a variety of sprays, paints and gold foiling. It is supposed to look very tattered and worn. I added button wheels and a sweet little gypsy witch with her furry traveling companion, black kitty. I had the most fun creating this tiny treasure and I hope you enjoy it too!
Here's a bit more of a close up. I also altered this small piece of chipboard with a leaf and scroll design from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. I wanted it to look as if there may have once been a canopy on the wagon and now it's just the frame left. I like it. I think it adds a touch of something special and makes it look more like a vehicle of some kind. A bed of delicate flowers with touches of gold foiling sit over layers of soft cheesecloth, gold glitter tulle and lace. If you're going to ride vintage, this is a charming way to go! :)
And thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll come join the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge for September too! Happy crafting! xoxo

4 comments:

sarascloset said...

Oh, my gosh, Linsey! This is ADORABLE! I love every single detail! To think this started off as a tart tin! By the way, if you like to enter challenges, A Vintage Journey is having an Altered Art challenge this month--link below. Off to have another look at those tart tins I was going to purge! Hugs!
http://www.vintagejourney.com/2017/09/altered-art.html

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Wow Amazing !!

Karen Petitt said...

Wow doesn't seem quite enough because I thought you had purchased a chipboard charaband type of thing on wheels and altered it. We definitely need a tutorial of how to do this because I would love to be able to alter an old tin to create a great project. It's so very clever and so very gorgeous too, thanks for sharing it with us Karen x

Unknown said...

Such an adorable witch! The details are amazing! Love this project sooo very much!