Friday, July 20, 2018

Crafty Girl Altered Paintbrushes

Hi friends and happy Friday to you! I'm up on the Simple Stories blog today sharing my latest altered project and I hope you enjoy it! The new Crafty Girl collection is amongst my most favorite to date! It covers everything from scrapbooking and stamping to knitting, crochet, sewing, sketch art and even planning! Trust me, this collection is a must have for all makers alike! Take a look and see what I created with the awesome Crafty Girl collection!
As you can see, I did something different with each of my paintbrushes. After painting them with several layers of white gesso, they are now ready to decorate! The narrow brush seemed a perfect shape for building my very own "crafty girl" upon, so that's what I did. She is so stylish with her one-of-a-kind custom outfit made from Combo Stickers and accessories to match! No crafty girl is complete without her tote and favorite beverage!
A bit of sparkle was added to crafty girls hair tie and washi belt with mini gems. She wears a pair of cute pink enamel dot earrings on her crafty ears. 
The wider brush was a great base panel to build a crafty scene upon.
I think it would make a great gift for a crafty friend! How about you?
I hope you like my altered crafty girl paintbrushes and I hope you've been inspired to make something fabulous with this dynamite Simple Stories collection too! Have a great day and until next time, happy crafting!

Simple Stories Products:
10001- Combo Sticker
10008- 6x12 Chipboard
10009- Bits & Pieces
10010- 4x6 Stickers
7719- Enamel Dots

Other:
paintbrushes
gesso
mini gems
buttons
burlap string-natural
various adhesives

No comments: