Friday, October 19, 2018

Vintage Halloween Altered Cupcake Tin

Hi friends and happy Friday! I'm up at the Simple Stories Blog today sharing my latest altered Simple Stories project with you! Have you ever altered a cupcake tin? I've been wanting to for quite sometime now and I finally did it! I love how this cute little piece turned out and it's just in time for Halloween too! If you haven't gotten your crafty hands on the darling new Simple Vintage Halloween Collection yet, I sure hope you'll want to after seeing this spooktacular showcase!
There's a few different choices when it comes to cupcake tins. Depending on what your project is, you can get a 6, 12 or even a 24 slot tin. The more slots, the smaller they are. For this project, I chose to alter a 6 slot tin. First, spray paint cupcake tin in black inside and out. Let dry, spray paint 2nd layer and let dry again. Next, line inside of each slot with black lace trim. Now our tin is ready to begin decorating! The circle die cuts in the Bits & Pieces are a perfect fit to adhere to the wall of each slot.
Create a main title and build the scene adorable images from the 6x12 Chipboard and Combo Stickers. The smaller images from 4x6 Stickers are just right for the insides of the cupcake slots. Add dimension to some pieces with 3D Foam Squares.

Embellish with extra accents like ribbon, sequins, bling trim, enamel dots, etc. The imagination is the limit! I couldn't help but fill in just about every nook and cranny of my cupcake tin! So. Much. Fun.
Don't forget that there's much more to this darling and festive collection! The 12x12 Collection Kit and 3 Pack Washi Tape is a must-have for any Halloween-loving crafter or planner! For me, another perk to this collection is that it's not too scary or creepy. It's much more on the cute and sweet side, which I love. It's a great collection for the young and the young at heart! I think this will be a super cute addition to this years Halloween décor!
And that's all for me! Thank you so much for stopping by and allowing me to share my project with you today! I've enjoyed it so much and I hope you have been inspired to create something fabulous with the Simple Vintage Halloween Collection too! Until next time, happy crafting!

Simple Stories Products Used:
#10288- SV Halloween Combo Sticker
#10301- SV Halloween 6x12 Chipboard
#10302- SV Halloween Bits & Pieces
#10303- SV Halloween 4x6 Stickers
#8017- Emoji Enamel Dots

Other:
Cupcake Tin (dollar tree)
Black Spray Paint
Black Lace Trim
Sequins
Hot Glue Gun
RRR Spider Webs on Black Satin
RRR Satin Swirls Ribbon Tangerine
3D Foam Squares Black Mix
Adhesive Dots Mini
E-Z Runner® Refillable Dispenser

No comments: