Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Alterable Sweets


Hi friends! Today I want to share this fun gift idea with you. I created a brownie treat set by altering a Jack Daniels whiskey bottle! My DH got it as a Christmas gift and I liked the bottle right away. Normally, I wouldn't be so excited about drinking, but he polished it off just in time for this fun idea, so...yay! I used the scraps left over from my last card to alter the bottle--trying to do my part for the environment, hehe--and my new "Wing It" stamp set from Stampin Up!. I filled the bottle with swirl chocolate chips and transferred the brownie mix to a large plastic bag, then wrapped a coordinating piece of designer paper and satin ribbon around it. Added a small gift tag and, voila! I don't know who I'll give this to, but it was so much fun to just find something and alter it into a sweet little treat!
So, when the whiskey's all gone...fill the bottle with chocolate chips! There are a plethora of items just sitting around your house waiting to be altered right now! Find something and get creative! I would love to hear about and/or see your altered creations too, so let me know what you make and post it back here. Inspiration is a good thing to share! ~hugs and happy altering~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sooo amazing for a gift idea! Love what you did here...so simple yet so gorgeous! Great gift for a hostess of a dinner party or a stamp party for that matter! It's one occasion where I could put up with my dh drinking too LOL!

Carolina said...

You have done amazing things with this dp Linsey! I love your altered bottle and what a creative way to present a gift. TFS!