Monday, January 28, 2008

Dahlia Flower Card


Happy Monday! I want to share a super cool technique that is featured on SCS's Technique Lover's Challenge today--the Dalhia Flower Fold. It's so fun and I really like the results! Using double sided pattern paper is the best choice, or stamp on both sides of cardstock (if you so choose.) Here's the directions: www.cardsandcrafts.freeservers.com/dahlia.html

I should have made a bigger card base since this flower ends up being so large! I tried to create more balance by stamping photo corners in black, cutting them out and popping them on dimensionals in the 4 corners. I also stamped the swirl-like effects in black, then embossed them in hologram highlights ep (SU!). The swirls and photo corner stamps are by Technique Tuesday's "Postcards From Paris" collection. The antique bronze brooch blossom and pink jewel brad are from Imaginisce. Thanks for visiting today! ~big hugs and happy stamping~

5 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Wowwweee! that flower is gorgeous! GREAT job!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Linsey, this is fabulous!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I am so excited about it!! I am adding you to my list as soon as I get done posting this!!! You Rock!!

Joani McDonald said...

Ooohh. I love it! How pretty! My fingers don't do folds that well ~ so I will just admire yours!
Hugs,
Joani

dpkennedy said...

The colors on this flower are gorgeous and I love the center!

Anonymous said...

Before finding out about links of london uk watches you should be familiar with some of the terminology. cheap links of london The word horology has two meanings; it is the study or science of measuring time links london jewellery or the art of making clocks, watches, and devices for telling links of london sale time.Since the first appearance of man on the earth an effort has links of london silver been made to determine time.The tracking of the sun's movement across discount links of london the sky, candles that were marked at intervals.