Saturday, January 12, 2008

Groovy Silhouettes


Hello friends! I'm just watching my beloved Seahawks losing to those cheeseheads in GB, boo hiss! Hope, however, still exists as it's only the start of the 3rd quarter :)
Anyhoo, here's a really neat looking card that is super quick, easy and uses very few supplies. It's called a tall and thin card and it's 6 1/2" squared, folded, then cut to 3 1/4" down the side. Sharon (aka: notimetostamp on SCS) came up with this fun shape and I really like it! I used Groovy Guava from Stampin' Up's current "in color" palate for the card base and the ink. The image is from Stem Silhouettes, also from SU!. I used my coluzzle oval template for the title and popped the main image on dimensionals. Those are Gina K.'s brand new glitter dots in copper penny and they are much more sparkley irl! This is was super easy and has a quite striking result...gotta love that!
Choose 1 or 2 SU! colors from one color family in cardstock and ink along with white or vanilla (like I did here for Jan. 11 TLC on SCS) and get stampin! ~hugs~

1 comment:

Judy Rozema said...

This card is simply elegant - I love the colors you chose and the little copper glittery circles!

So sorry about the game! What a snowy sight!! My team plays tomorrow -- we will see what happens!