Sunday, January 6, 2008

Love Quilt Card


This was made for SCS's Featured Stamper this week, Nancy Riley! Her gallery at SCS is outstanding and I chose to CASE her quilt card. This was my first attempt at this technique and I was surprised at how simple it was to create! It's a perfect card for that special quilter in your life! Make your own following these easy directions...


First, I cut a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2" square of white cardstock for the quilt base. Next, I cut the center square at 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" and adhered into place. The strips are misc. scraps, which I cut into 5/16" (or just under 1/4") and adhered starting from the middle and going to the outer edge, then repeated on the 3 other sides. The excess strips were then trimmed around the edges and then it was framed onto a teal piece of cardstock just slightly larger. I used a 3-d sticker from Jolee's boutique for the center and a small heart brad on the "always" title. Don't forget to put on the ribbon before your glue down the quilt...I did and had a heck of a time trimming it to look right! ~hugs and joyful stamping~


2 comments:

Neva said...

Oh Lindsey, such a beautifully designed card. Not sure I would have the patience to make one though so until then I will admire yours. Great job and I love all the bright colors in it.

Kristine said...

OH CUTE!! I've never tried a quilt card. LOVE this. You did a fab job on it. :)