Sunday, October 30, 2011

Free For All Friday with StampTV One Layer Christmas Card Challenge

Well I actually made a card for this week's Free For All Friday challenge over at StampTV--to make a one layer card with a twist, Christmas themed. And I might add, not as simple as it sounds, at least not for me! I actually grabbed a piece of dp at first then realized one layer means one layer haha. So I tossed the dp aside and grabbed a nice deep red from my Gina K. pure luxury cardstock (best cardstock ever) and stamped the hanging ornaments and sentiment from Rupa Shevde's "The Magic of Christmas" set as well as a holly flourish from SU! Stem Silhouettes.  Everything was stamped in whisper white pigment ink and heat embossed with hologram highlights powder (although it doesn't show up well in my pic, sorry).  I cuttled the bottom with large swirls and added white sheer ribbon with gold trim to finish.  I smeared the larger ornament, so to correct it, I restamped one, cut it out and popped it on top of the mistake. Therefore, my card is no longer "one" layer, but only on that one little ornament lol. I'm having trouble uploading my photos to StampTV so for now, it's here on my blog but I hope you can play along in this fast and fun challenge too! Thanks so much if you visited me today and happy Sunday, my creative friends!

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Love the rich warm colors on this Lins!! I think you got it uploaded now over on STV? If anytime you have troubles again, just let one of us know!