The word for today is S I M P L EI know, not a common word around this time of year! The days til Christmas are getting shorter and my to-do list is getting longer! This project is a great little gift idea for co-workers, teachers, neighbors, friends or just to decorate your holiday home!
A super simple technique that takes less than 5 minutes per candle and I really like the results :)
I used MCT "Merry Christmas" and the little snowman stamps from All Around Christmas set.
To make your own custom candles:
* stamp your image or sentiment in any color onto white tissue paper (if using white candles)
* cut image out carefully as tissue paper is very delicate
* place cut image where you want on the candle and hold down gently with a tool like a popcicle stick. Don't hold it down with your fingers, it burns!
* use a heating tool to go over the image keeping it about 6-8" above the candle--don't heat it too close or your candle will start to melt too fast.
* as it heats up you will see your image start to melt into the candle and when it changes shades underneath the tissue paper, its done! May take a lil practice with a small votive candle first just to get the feel but this is so easy!
* decorate candles as desired!
***12 Days of Christmas Give Away Alert***
To qualify for ALL the AMAZING giveaways for the next 12 days, you must comment on every blog in this hop! You will have until Tues, Dec 13th @ midnight to have all of your comments in! VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE LEAVE A WAY FOR US TO CONTACT YOU IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE WINNER'S!
There are some AMAZING giveaways for this special 12 day event & some SURPRISES to help celebrate "My Creative Time's" One Year Anniversary! Yep, Emma released her 1st set of stamps one year ago! So make sure you are tuned in because this is ONE hop you do NOT want to miss!;)
Here is the full blog hop line up:
Cassandra ~ http://www.ctimz3.blogspot.com/
Cathryn ~ http://inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com/
Cindy ~ http://cindylee77.blogspot.com/
Jeanne ~ http://www.thecricutcorner.com/
Katie ~ http://www.craftingwithkatie.com/
Leanne ~ http://createdbyleanne.blogspot.com/
Linsey ~ You Are Here :)
Liz ~ http://www.lizspaperloft.com/
Nancy ~ http://scrappingoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Nikki ~ http://scrappinnavywife.blogspot.com/
Rosy ~ http://sweetdelightspapernmore.blogspot.com/
Ruthie ~ http://septemberninth.blogspot.com/
Shar ~ http://scrapendipity.blogspot.com/
Tracy ~ http://tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com/
Trell ~ http://polkadotsandpaint.blogspot.com/
Veronica ~ http://www.vkcreate.blogspot.com/
Thanks for visiting me today! Your next stop on the MCT blog hop is Miss LIZ