Friday, February 17, 2012

Winter Blues and Sundae Bar

Hi, here's a card I made for 2 blog challenges that are new to me and I want to share the info in the hopes that you might play along too because I just had so much fun
Paper Sundaes challenge #107
"This week we have opened the "Sundae Bar".  Our toppings include the colour cream, blue, distressing,
and pearls.  To play along you just need to use at least two of the four toppings!  If you prefer, you can use three or even all four!"
"We want you to use one of The Paper Shelter's images on your card and if you do you will  receive the whole amount of $20. But even if you dont you will still receive 3 digi images of your own choice!"
Since I don't yet own any TPS digi images, I decided to ink up one of my very favorite images from the Sweet Kids stamp set by Crafty Secrets. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and win my first TPS images, hehe! I have to give a shout to one of my dearest blogging friends Stacy (aka: Twinshappy) for sending me that lovely ice blue satin ribbon, which I cherish so much, I rarely use it lol! I think it's so pretty and perfect for this wintery card. Luv you Stacy! I cuttled the blue base with divine swirls embossing folder, dp is Basic Grey, diamond stickles, Jolee's snowflakes and pearl accents for my "sundae" toppings. Images base sponged in SU! bashful blue.  Thanks so much for visiting me, hope you have a wonderful and creative day!

6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Hey Linsey! what a sweet winter card in blue! love that little sledder!

Kate said...

Linsey this card is absolutely Stunning. I love the way you colored that image. Wonderful winter card. Good Luck on the challenge my sweetest friend.

Hugs,
Kate

Julie P said...

Beautifully done! I love the pretty embossing, Thanks so much for joining in at Paper Shelter this week
Hugs Julie P

Kathleen said...

Lovely card, love the image and the embossed card detail. Very pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
Hugs
Kat xx

Stacy Morgan said...

This is darling. Beautiful blues Linsey. Beautiful card all around.

Scrappellen said...

Woow..I love everything about the card, colours, image and all the little extras.
Thank you for joining us at the Psaper ShelterChallenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon♥:).
Hugs, Ellen