Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Monkeyin' Around

Hello friends, today I made my card for the Love's To Crop challenge and Amy's challenge this week is a color challenge ORANGE-PINK-OTHER COLOR. I also joined in my first challenge with Paper Playtime, challenge #68 "Say It With Sentiments Challenge using Pet Images! Now, my beagle Maddie is my fur baby but she can definitely be my little monkey sometimes too! And since the ladies over at Cooking With Cricut looked like they were having so much fun monkeyin around, I chose a monkey for my "pet" hehe! 
I went bananas when I found this super fun sentiment from my Unity Stamps collection!

And I just had to make my monkey wiggle it just a little bit, with another wiggle wire attachment--now this lil guy can shake his "monkey" maker! lol I'm proud to say that my flowers are all veryyy old SU! die cuts and paper primas and some equally ancient epoxy stickers, trimmed them to make tiny flowers in the centers, and made the white flower from a 1" circle scrap. I love using old supplies cus I don't have to be so careful and scared to use them--I'm stingy with my "good stuff" sometimes and crafting seems so much more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about a thing, just free yourself and CREATE! Love it. 
Thanks so much for hangin out! Happy Mardi Gras!!! Homemade Jambalaya for dinner tonight yummm!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Love this card my friend. Love the colors that you used so bright and happy. You are so detail oriented love all those cute embellishments you used. I hope your have a great and bright day like your card.

Hugs,
Kate

Janis Lewis said...

GREAT card! Love the funness and the beautiful colors! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
:) Janis
http://pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! The monkey makes me smile!! I love all of the design elements you used!! What a fabulous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at Love To Crop and Paper Playtime!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Love To Crop Guest Designer
Paper Playtime DT
http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/

Aim said...

Oh, Linsey -- Another spectacular card, my friend!! GREAT use of the colors and so many FUN details!! :)

I'm tickled PINK that you joined the Challenge at Love To Crop!! AND joined us at Paper Playtime too! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Paper Playtime DTM