Monday, April 14, 2014

Madge's Embellishment Kit Monday!

Happy Monday my lovlies! Today is exciting!...How's that, you ask? Well, I get to share the accordion album I made with my new Embellishment Kit from Madge's Scrappin' Lounge and these kits are what have me so giddy! Aprils kit is off the chain y'all! It is packed full of brand new products from Hazel and Ruby and Freckled Fawn and I just love it! Here's the scoop--Each month, I get a fabulous new kit filled with all the latest trends in paper crafting!! For only $12 (yes, it includes shipping) this is truly a steal! I love it because it allows me try fresh, popular, new embellishments from various companies that I might not have otherwise known about or purchased due to the high cost of many individual embellishments . Madge takes all the guess work out of it for me! Everything in the kit coordinates beautifully together and is awesome for scrapbooking and cark making alike! Check it out~~
As some may know, I like to have fun with my crafting by reducing, reusing and recycling all sorts of things and incorporating them into my projects. It's a wonderful way to expand your creativity and artistic freedom! Also, I'm shall we say...thrifty lol. And who doesn't love to save a buck, am I right?! So I'm going to tell you all little things I did to make this little album a true one of a kind using lots of homemade elements--just the way I like it!
My cover...gold arrow and stickers badges from the kit go great with my hand dyed papers, vellum and flower!
I'm adding my mini accordion album to the:
Faber-Castell "Take the Challenge with Mou" Challenge- On The Go

... Pop an on-trend sticker word from the kit onto my homemade tag backed to my hand dyed paper! This page reflects how my style allows me to discover new and wonderful things along the way of my artistic journey!
Use everything!--here, a fun striped lining with cut strips from one of the sticker sheets look nice with the corkboard hearts I cut for the "window to my heart" pocket. 1-2-3=live.laugh.love tag made from vellum scraps with flower and heart doodles
 ...sentiment bubble stickers are so cute with my fabric scrap and vellum trim house! I almost threw this piece of scrap paper away but look what happens when I used it--a whimsical patterned paper all my own that's so fun with my fabric and vellum house! I splashed the white plastic flowers with my homemade alcohol ink in "wine" (yes, I named all my homemade alcohol inks like I'm Tim Holtz or something--supahstah!...in my own mind lol) ;)
 Eeeek...printed acetate for my homemade shaker pocket with..yes--homemade vellum confetti for the inside along with some sequins and beads to shake it up!
See what I'm saying? It's an embellishment lovers dream come true!
For details on how to join Madge's Scrappin' Lounge Embellishment Kit Club, click HERE!
Thanks so much for stopping by and sticking with me through this long post! Here's wishing you a creative and blessed day!!!

3 comments:

jessica said...

OMG Linsey!! This is over the top FABULOUS!!!! I just love your mini and all the awesome details you added!! Super job with the kit!!!!
Hope you had a GREAT weekend and Happy Monday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are all awesome!

Kate said...

WOW you have been busy, everything looks amazing and the details on each and everyone of them WOW