Saturday, August 2, 2014

Paper Bag Envelope Album

Hi friends! I hope this Saturday is finding you well! Thanks for stopping by! Today I have a mini memory album that I made from a paper grocery bag. This was such a fun one for me! I was originally inspired to find something from around the house to create with for the Mixed Media July challenge, but I missed it by a couple days. boo. But I am getting this album entered in time for the Paper Issues Challenge/Current Issue-Say Cheese! yay. I used several different cameras you can spot throughout my album-camera charm on the ring, camera 3D canvas sticker, camera rub-ons and perhaps even more on the journaling panels that are tucked inside each envie. I'm also entering it into this week's SimonSaysStamp Monday Challenge: J is for.... In this case, J is for Journey. This album's theme is all about the journey! And I don't do this journey without my #1 J--Jesus. My journey with Jesus.
Of course, part of the fun of this was decorating the backside of each envelope and I chose Paper House Productions 6x6 "What's Cookin" designer paper pad. I love the vibrant colors and patterns, they are packed with flavah! :) Paper House also have a wonderful array of 3-D embellishments to adorned your projects with--like the cool "canvas stickers" (heart and camera) below. Here's a few more shots...
The fun rub-ons and litte sentiment stickers are mostly from Chic Tags and I finally used up some of the millions of ancient Prima flowers from my stash--Yes. "LIFE" deco brad is Teresa Collins and little bling flower is Sa Crafters.
I just smeared white acrylic paint all around on each side of all 4 envies with my finger and since my paper bag already had creases and folds all over, I think the paint adds a nice carefree artsy feel. I didn't fuss over it, I just went with it and it felt really good!
I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes for the 1 ring which holds the album together and I made the little spindle closures with  3/4" circle punch, my crop-a-dile and big gold eyelets and some twine.
And finally a close up of the little charms I attached to the jump ring on the blue ring. Say Cheese! :D
Whew! That was a long one! Thanks for hangin in there with me! Have a super wonderful and blessed day!

14 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Every single detail is lovely .........Lis

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Just so cute! Love the brown bags as the base for the mini. You are a clever gal!

Diane Noble said...

Very, very cute! Love the shabby chic look to it all. Just adorable!

~ Jo ~ said...

This is a beautiful album Linsey! Love the white paint all along the edges too!
Hugs,
Jo
xox

P.S.
Sorry I have not visited in awhile, I have been dealing with lots of health crap.

May said...

such a lovely project so full of color and little touches that make it oh so special. Thank you for sharing, and for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Anonymous said...

This is great!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is really fabulous! So many yummy details! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

jessica said...

OMG Linsey! this is gorgeous!!!!! What a super FABULOUS mini! From the papers to all the embellishing....this is AMAZING!

Kate said...

Damnn Girl this looks AMAZING and so Detailed. Love how it turned out.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute. Love the bright papers, the cameras... the charms are perfect.

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful paper bag book Linsey! Love the papers and of course the cameras and embellishments! Have fun filling it up!

Teresa said...

How cute is this LIndsey :) The papers are just adorable and i love the paint all over it too !! Have a good week ....

Unknown said...

I love this ribbon set! It would like so sweet tied around a mason jar filled with fall themed cookies. I definitely like Fall fashion and food the most.

-Alicia jampaper.com/blog/

robinann17 said...

What a cute book! I love the way you smeared paint on the edges! Very clever!