Saturday, December 20, 2014

Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub

Hi friends! I have a fun and easy last minute gift idea that is great for this winter season and for the holidays- peppermint sugar scrub!! Of course, I found lots of great inspiration on Pinterest which I used to create my own yummy scrub!!
Isn't it pretty! The recipe is really simple too! All you need is 4 ingredients...
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- white sugar
- grape seed oil or coconut oil
- pink or red food coloring
- peppermint oil
I just mixed enough grape seed oil into the sugar to moisten it nicely, but not too much. Next, I added several drops of peppermint oil to the sugar mixture for a yummy scent. Then I split the sugar into two parts and separated into 2 bowls. I mixed a few drops of pink food coloring into one of the bowls of sugar mixture until it was a pretty pink color. The other bowl of sugar was kept white. Then I simple layered the 2 colors of sugar scrub mixture into a mason jar, sealed and decorated!
I've whipped up a few of these to give to my friends. I hope they'll enjoy them. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a creative and blessed day!!!

No comments: