Friday, May 19, 2017

RRR "Anything But A Card" w/Ribbon Challenge

Hi friends and happy Friday! I hope you are gearing up for a fine weekend filled with things you enjoy (which hopefully includes some crafting time, hehe)! Today we have a brand new challenge up at the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog and I sure hope you'll join in the fun! It's Challenge #164-Anything But A Card with Ribbon or Trim and you have 2 weeks to play!
For my project, I made a little box out of paper that can be used to hold a small gift, trinket, piece of jewelry, etc. It measures at 3 1/2"x 3 1/2" squared. The top and bottom were originally for my emoji love notecard box that I showcased earlier this week, but didn't fit right. Since I didn't want to just toss them, I tried putting them together as a box with lid and....they fit just right, yay! So I went with it and designed the rest of the box, adding some super fabulous RRR ribbons to adorn the front. Here it is...
I tied a strip of Satin Swiss Dots Red ribbon and Double Faced Satin Aqua ribbon into a bow and layered them one on top of the other with a fun decorative brad in the bow center. Then I placed it on the front corner at an angle to make it look like the big bow wraps around the box. Super easy and so pretty!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope to see your fabulous "Anything But A Card" with ribbon or trim creations in our challenge link HERE! Happy weekend, happy crafting a bless your heart!

No comments: