Thursday, June 14, 2018

Felt Flower Garden Canvas

Hi friends! Today I'm sharing my latest Craftwell project--an inspiring canvas that will be wonderful anywhere it is placed. This wall art makes a lovely home décor piece and would be great for a dorm room or craft space too!
Once again, I used the SNAP Machine, which is fast becoming my new favorite crafting tool. This little guy works just like the original Cut'n'Boss Electric Embosser and Die Cutter, only it's smaller and it packs a whole lotta punch! No manual labor here--just happy, hands-free electronic embossing and die cutting. What could be better?
I first cut all my felt pieces, then arranged them onto a 10x10" stretched canvas covered with a wood grain patterned paper. The large flowers each have a clear sentiment sticker placed in the center. The smaller flowers have button centers with hemp string tied into double bows.
I wanted to experiment with the Teresa Collins Honeycomb Project Die and see if it would work as a chicken wire-type fence for my scene....I think it was a success! I cut thin cardboard (cereal/snack box) material with the Honeycomb Die 3 times, then did the same with a coordinating pattern paper. I then covered each piece of cut cardboard with a piece of cut pattern paper, creating a bit more dimension and interest. Finally, I placed along the bottom portion of the canvas to form my chicken wire fence for my inspirational flower garden!
And that's all for me, folks! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit today! I've enjoyed sharing my project with you and I hope you've been inspired in some way to make a fabulous creation of your own with awesome Craftwell products! Until next time, many blessings and happy crafting!

No comments: