Monday, November 18, 2013

Simply Thankful

Hello friends-Well what a Monday it's been! I am just now at 10:20pm getting this card I made today posted--probably should have waited til tomorrow so I could get a brighter photo shot with natural lighting, but I'm afraid I'll get even more behind than I am now if I wait so here it is! My card was 100% inspired by a beautiful and extremely gifted artist whom I am also blessed to call my friend, Jessica E., aka:Chick-n-Scrap. When I visited Jessica's fantabulous blog today and saw the STUNNING Christmas card she made for one of the company's she designs for, The Kraft Journal's current Color Combo Challenge, I was instantly inspired to create. Then I saw that she used a wonderfully clean and simple sketch from CAS(E) this sketch challenge blog and I had a color combo and a sketch ready for me--that was just what I needed to get busy! I still need just a few more Thanksgiving cards and I think I'm going to just make my last few just like this one because I have a bunch of these cornucopia images already stamped and colored and I think it turned out really pretty.
The image is from an older Gina K Designs set called So Grateful (artist Rupa Shevde). I cut a frame from Storybook Cricut cartridge and layered it over the dark orange strip and cuttled the ivory base with divine swirls embossing folder. Finished with vintage style ivory button and a bit of trendy twine tied in a bow. I hope you might find time to play along in these challenges too! Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a peek!
Entering this card for: CAS(E) this sketch-#54

7 comments:

Kate said...

Gorgeous that image is colored to perfection and the embossing made your card so elegant. Love it.

jessica said...

Awwwww.....Big HUGS to you my friend!!
I am so glad you stopped by my blog and even more excited that you created this beautiful card!!!! I just LOVE the colors and the design and your take on the sketch!! This is AWESOME!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Kraft Journal and on a personal note leaving me that super sweet blog comment yesterday on my project!
I am so glad to see you back crafting again and can not wait to see what else you can inspire ME with :)
Have a GREAT night!!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely take on the sketch! I love your embossed background!

Betty said...

It's perfect for Thanksgiving. Looks really nice. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Kristi said...

Very pretty! Love the cornucopia image and the embossing. Thank you for joining us at The Kraft Journal!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! I love the embossed background.

~ Jo ~ said...

Super beautiful card for Thanksgiving Linsey! I love that cornucopia and how beautiful you colored that in. This is such a soft and sweet card, love it!
Hugs,
Jo
xox