Thursday, November 6, 2014

With Best Christmas Wishes

Hi friends! I hope you are having a positive and productive week! Hang on, Friday's almost here! Today I decided that I better get started on ideas for my 2014 Christmas cards and I found some really beautiful inspiration from the design team over at the Crafty Secrets blog. They have a monthly Linky Party and November's theme is Christmas (or if you prefer, Anything Goes).  I always love to make some of my holiday cards with Crafty Secrets vintage images because they are so charming and sweet...like these lovely winter birds perched in a window sill eating crumbs. Aren't they pretty...
This card was very simple to make. I just dry embossed the base of a David Tutera kraft card with deco edge and the white stripe and frame around the birds with an Anna Griffin folder. I then positioned half a torn and scrunched up paper doily on opposite corners around the framed image and tied some very cheerful Christmas plaid ribbon and a small silver bird charm to the white cardstock stripe. So easy! Thanks for stopping by my friends! Have a creative and very blessed day!

13 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful card Linsey!! I too, love these Crafty Secrets images and you have used it beautifully in your lovely design!! Thank you for joining us at our Crafty Secrets November linky party!
Diane CS DT

Stampsnob. said...

What a wonderful warm and cozy Christmas card..Lis

Birgit said...

What a lovely card! Great idea using scrunched up doilies... it gives your card wonderful texture and dimension. Thanks for joining the CS November Linky party! Blessings~ Birgit (guest designer)

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Linsey. Lovely colors & design with the vintage image.

jessica said...

this is so beautiful Linsey!!! What a great image and I love the ribbon!!!
AWESOME job my sweet friend!!!

~ Jo ~ said...

Linsey this card is gorgeous! I adore that sweet winter scene photo with the birds! I never heard of Crafty Secrets so I will be checking them out. Love the card hon! Miss you!!
Hugs,
Jo
xox

~amy~ said...

Oh, this is beautiful...love all the details!

Darlene said...

Oh Linsey I just LOVE what you've created with this adorable image! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along in our November Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

Darlene
Crafty Secrets DT
CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Elizabeth said...

Love this Linsey! One of my favourite combos to decorate a card at Christmas is tartan and lace and they look perfect with this sweet image. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Secrets Nov. Linky Party.
Cheers, Elizabeth

Lisa Lara said...

It is such a beauty Linsey. Those sweet birds.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love all the texture here, Linsey...the embossed card base, the lovely crumpled doilies, the ribbon...they all enhance this sweet, sweet bird image that I love so much. This is a really pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Secrets November Linky party!
kathy clement,DT Leader, Crafty Secrets

Gloria Stengel said...

Beautiful, and that image is so pretty! I love the embossed background, too! Thanks for playing along in our November Challenge at Crafty Secrets!

Unknown said...

Oh MY! Your card is gorgeous! I love the way you've framed the image and complemented it with the plaid ribbon. Thanks for joining the Linky Party at Crafty Secrets!