Wednesday, July 6, 2016

DIY Mixed Media Charm Jewerly

Hello friends! Today I'm absolutely thrilled to announce that I'll be joining Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts as their guest designer for July! Each Wednesday this month I'll have the pleasure of sharing a lovingly made project with you and today, these DIY necklaces are up. I enjoyed making this fun fashion jewelry so much, it was hard to stop! I wanted to try a few different designs and used a combination of GSL chipboard pieces and wooden charms to accomplish this.
First up, my framed diamond charm which I altered with some gears and a set of wings from the Steampunk Shape Set. I used a combination of DecoArt Metallic Lustre paint in Black Shimmer (which appears more pewter than black--I like it), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Vintage Pink and Glimmer Glam Glitter Paint in Tail Fin. For more sparkle, I added a line of bling around the diamond frame. I also added rub-on words "rise-shine-fly" to the wings and looped a bit of pink cord and bling cord through the top of the charm hole.
Next up, my Small Wooden Dome Charm necklace. I loved the rich wooden tone this dome piece came as, so I simply heat embossed the frame with a coat of clear hologram embossing powder, then added bits of gold mica flakes to the inner part. I then laid down the words "be true" and added a tiny key inside the center of the little dome.
Finally, a couple of pieces made with the Large Wooden Circle Charm, Word Elements 1 and the Small Wooden Circle Charm. On the large circle, I first covered the wooden base with more hologram embossing powder and heat set, then heat embossed the word element "believe" in copper, and glued that on top of the base, which is a perfect fit. The small circle is done with the same hologram embossing powder and a clear bubble epoxy sticker from Amy Tangerine glued to the center. These are not only great to make into unique and cool jewelry, but also for making key chains, planner charms and so much more! Your imagination is truly the limit!
Thanks so much for visiting  and allowing me to share my project with you today! I hope you have enjoyed this easy diy jewelry and are inspired to make some of your own!

No comments: