Saturday, April 29, 2017

Home Sweet Home Memo Board

Hello! I hope you are doing well!  Today I'm so excited to share my first Simple Stories blog post and project with you! I love to alter almost anything, so it's a joy to be in the "altered/home décor" group of the design team! I have been wanting to transform my ordinary cork board into something fabulous! I found the Domestic Bliss collection to be just right for my memo board makeover! The fresh, beautiful patterns mixed with the fun and perfectly quirky elements make for a most delightful experience in creating!
The main section is for memos, notes and messages and the smaller section is for my weekly dinner menu at a glance. A piece of 12x12 patterned paper was used for the background on the memo section.
For the meal list/menu, the daily chart is one of the 4x6 Vertical Elements and directly above that is one of the 4x4 Elements detailed with enamel dots and clear and regular stickers.
The Epoxy Metal Clips were securely adhered to regular push pins to create an area where notes can be easily slid onto the clips and displayed.
A variety of favorite Decorative Brads, Bits & Pieces and Combo Stickers were done in the same fashion as the clips, transforming them into adorable and fun decorative push pins!
Some blank tabs and bullet elements from the 4x6 Stickers were cut out individually and a small window pouch was created to hold them. Tip: layer a piece of clear plastic over and equal sized piece of patterned paper/cardstock and fold washi tape around the edges to create a visually pleasing window pouch.
The sides of the memo board were covered with Home Sweet Home Washi Tape. It was super easy to do and really adds to the customized look and feel of the memo board.
Finally, a couple of the large floral decorative brads were added to the frame as well as a few small chipboard flowers on the frame corners, topped with an enamel dot in each flower center.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and sticking with me throughout my post! I hope you enjoyed my altered memo board and might be inspired to create something with the wonderful Domestic Bliss collection too! Happy crafting!

Product List: (all Domestic Bliss)
Combo Sticker- 7801
Bless This Mess- 7806
I Can't Adult- 7809
4x4 Elements- 7811
4x6 Vertical Elements- 7813
6x12 Chipboard- 7814
Bits & Pieces- 7816
Enamel Dots- 7817
Domestic Bliss Clear Stickers- 7818
Domestic Bliss Epoxy Metal Clips- 7819
Domestic Bliss Decorative Brads- 7820
Home Sweet Home Washi Tape- 7822
Domestic Bliss 4x6 Stickers- 7825

6 comments:

Migdalia said...

Oh! I LOVE this!! So beautiful , fun and creative!!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Diane Noble said...

This is absolutely fantastic...so totally adorable. I want one!!!! I love all your little details, the magnets and clips, little pocket (clever construction). You are simply amazing...so creative, plus you have a heart that I love to pieces!!!!

Stampsnob. said...

OMG what an adorable project .......Lis

Courtney said...

I love repurposing things! This is a lovely makeover for the cork boards! Creative ideas and they turned out looking amazing. :)

Unknown said...

Cutest memo board. EVER!!! I absolutely love love love it! I have a boring old cork board above my scrap desk...you've definitely inspired me to make it fabulous!

Carrie :)
dearzae.com

Tone K. said...

wow..this is the cutest memo-board I have ever seen. Really great :)