Sunday, August 13, 2017

Really Reasonable Ribbon August Blog Hop!

Hello friends! Oh my goodness, can you believe that it's already August 13?! Time sure does fly when you're having fun--and summer always seems to fly by like nobody's business. Today is our RRR August blog hop and if you're coming to me from Miss CHERRY'S incredible blog, then you are in the right place! If not, head over to the RRR Blog to start the hop!
With September just around the corner, the August Ribbon Club Assortment is sure to delight your senses and get you going on all your Fall and Autumn crafting projects. It definitely has me smiling!
I made a unique dreamcatcher of sorts, only no weaved web pattern in the center. Instead, a pretty doily held in place by a 4" embroidery hoop, which makes for a great alternative to the traditional kind of dreamcatcher. This project could be used for home décor, to spruce up an office cubicle or to give as a nice Fall gift to a special friend or neighbor.
I wanted to feature all those glorious ribbons and lace trim to show how beautifully they coordinate. And I still have a lot of ribbon leftover from this assortment to create more Fall goodness with--yay!
This project is super easy to do! It's only my third time making a dreamcatcher and it took about a half hour!  That never happens with me, lol. So it sort of came together like a dream! Just loop each ribbon (approx.14" long) through a hole in the doily or around the hoop along the bottom all pull til snug. Keep going until you have the look you desire. Instant gorgeousness!
Since the new SS Vintage Blessings collection goes SO perfectly with the RRR August Ribbon Club Assortment, a couldn't resist adding a lovely die cut sentiment to the center along with a couple clear flower stickers and enamel dots to adorn the hoop. A heavenly match, indeed!
And that's all for me! Thanks so much for visiting me today--just like my dreamcatcher says, I feel grateful, thankful and blessed that you're here and I hope you liked my project. Your next stop on the hop is the blog of Miss SHEILA! Have a great day and, as always, happy crafting!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Unusual idea! Love it! Great job thinking out of the box!

Bonnie Garby said...

What a fantastic idea for Autumn Decor. Love it!!

Ina Good said...

gorgeous..What a lovely way to show off this beautiful Fall ribbon collection! I do so very much miss fall...all green in Florida sw!

Vicki said...

Simply great idea! So creative. Love the crocheted doily background too.

Edwina said...

So beautiful! I like this dreamcatcher. It would look gorgeous hanging on the wall or door as a decoration for Autumn. Love all the ribbons on it. Edwina Brown

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow, wow and wow again! This is sooooo cozy and welcoming, Linsey! I love the crocheted doily in the center! What a clever way to use this month's ribbons! xo

Becca Yahrling said...

Who wouldn't love one of these for every season?! It's gorgeous!!!

Sue D said...

Love this idea!

ScrappySandie said...

This is a lovely way to show off all those beautiful ribbons! I like it better than a traditional dreamcatcher...so pretty!

Beverly S. said...

Very creative use of the ribbons....Love your dreamcatcher.

Teresa said...

What a great idea! Love the fall colors! tjigo

Waving My Wand said...

Wow, what a great home décor project, Linsey. Even better that it was quick to make! Love it!

Stampsnob. said...

You will catch a lot of dreams with that beauty Well done.........Lis

Sheila Rumney said...

What a sweet autumn decor! Gorgeous!

Gloria Stengel said...

Super duper cute! What a fun idea!!! I remember making dream catchers when I was in jr high...eons ago. ;)