Monday, April 16, 2012

Shabby and Distressed Gift Bag... but don't despair!

Happy Monday friends, hope you had a great weekend! Did my title throw you? It sounds like I was gettin ready to show you a pretty sad little gift bag, haha. But really, I was in a vintage-type mood today anyway so when I saw the  The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge--do not stress, distress! I was inspired and decided to make a shabby-chic style gift bag w/ coordinating tissue paper and a perfect sized vanilla candle to fit inside. Distressing takes away any need for perfection and I love it! I stamped this toile background stamp from Unity Stamp Co in Blush Blossom on the white gift bag (12 for $1 at Dollar Tree) and tissue paper, then embellished with Prima roses (I get my Prima flowers at Scrapbooking.com because they seem to be the cheapest!),  ivory lace trim from Fancy Pants and a white heart pin from my friend Lee :)
 Vintage image and sentiment from Crafty Secrets stamp set called Sweet Kids and they are so sweet!
I will be entering my gift bag into the following challenges:
(I hope this qualifies!...even though I used peach, I did not use any pink)














Thank you so very much for stopping by, it means a lot to me! Hugs and happy crafting!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Wow so Beautiful. Everything is just perfect. Love your creations. I swear everytime I come to your blog I feel so inspired. Hope your having a great day my friend.

Hugs,
Kate

Candy C said...

Linsey, your little gift box is darling! I love the little vintage girl on the front. So cute! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Unknown said...

Hi Linsey, such a cute image and a wonderful gift bag. Love the wonderful soft colours you've used.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

Sarah

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Linsey :)

What a cute gift set, and very stylish too!

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Janneke said...

What a amazing giftset ;o)
Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet' Stampin this week.


Janneke XO

Unknown said...

I'm so into gift bags, I think they're so cute and yours is wonderful!!!
thanks for playing with us at ABC Challenge
hugs