Saturday, November 12, 2011

Feelin' Festive Tonight!

Hello my lovely friends, I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderufl weekend! I'm totally feeling the holiday spirit creeping up on me and I can tell ya from here til December 24th, I'll be making A LOT of Christmas stuff lol. I checked out this weekend's Inspiration Challenge at SCS and it was the coolest! I spent a good hour gazing through the online store of Sally Meekin's Ceramics and fell in love with her work! Sally's designs is miniature ceramic artwork and it'so delightful and unique with a touch of nostalgia, I just love it! I chose to use this precious Christmas Manger Teapot for inspiration on my card below. I couldn't help but think of the sweet little baby Jesus from Cricut's Winter Frolic cartridge and quickly went to work. I really enjoyed making this one :)
Baby Jesus and star cut from Winter Frolic Cricut cartridge, sentiment from Studio G.
Mr. Snowman from My Creative Time's All Around Accessories set was calling to me so I couldn't neglect him! I stamped him in Memento's tuxedo black and filled him in with white liquid applique and got tickled pink like I always do when I heated it up and watched it get puffy!! :D  Round is a great shape--when you're a snowman, hehe--so I cut the scalloped circle card from my Wild Card cartridge at 5 1/2", layered with green patterned paper and a white doily. I just added a few embellies that seemed to feel right without much tought so I'm not sure if it's a perfect look but that's okay too :)
Snowman: My Creative Time "All Around Accessories", Scalloped circle card shape cut from WildCard cartridge, buttons Making Memories and Creative Imaginations, Think Snow pieces from JoAnn's, ribbon from Gina K. Designs.
Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. You know it really means so much to me!

2 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Awesome Lins! Love the inspired piece, tis gorgeous!

tracym110 said...

I love the little baby Jesus! It is such a sweet little image, I have been wanting to do something with it myself! :) and the snow man card is beautiful, I think all the embellishments look great! I must investigate this puffy stuff!!! (cha-ching!) lol!!