Monday, February 13, 2012

Another Monday, Cowgirl Up!

Happy Monday pardner, hope your week is off to a great start! I made this fun card for a couple of challenges:
1- SplitcoastStampers Mini Virtual Stamp Night challenge HERE to make a card with "all the twists and turns of Spring" (open to play through today!)
2- Craft Your Days Away challenge #38 HERE "Gettin Stitchy With It!" (open to play til 2/16)
I combined the challenges making my lil rodeo cowgirl card, which at first glance doesn't remind one of Spring, but when I saw my stitched flourish rub-ons I immediately pulled out this stamp set from My Favorite Things "Ride Em Cowgirl" and thought, hey how bout a Spring Fair and the rodeo at the fairgrounds? Works for me!
faux stitched flourish rub-ons, double stitched ribbon for the CYDA challenge
I stamped the boots onto a scrap of faux leather, cuttled the skirt with "swiss dots" and a bit of hemp twine on her rope for an added twist :)
Thanks SO MUCH for visiting my blog today! I have a new goal to comment on 20 blogs per day because I have so many wonderful blogging buddies who share endless crafty goodness and support me in such a way, I cannot adequetely express my appreciation--I think it's the best way to let my friends know how much they inspire me and how special they make me feel--you know who you are!!! Thank you!!! Have a beautiful and inspiring day!

2 comments:

Kate said...

So Cute. I love it.

Hugs,
Kate

cowgirl party invites said...

I like it because it is very unique.