Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Camping and Shopping...2 things I {heart}

Hey hey and happy Tuesday! I'm sharing a tag and a card today, each very different, yet both involve things I love to do---let's hear it for camping and shopping! whoo hoo!!! :D
My camping tag was made for the Pause Dream Enjoy TAG challenge #10-create a tag with your last or next vacation in mind--fun huh! Since I haven't had a legit vaycay in longer than I'd care to think about, I decided to make a tag with my next vacation in mind....hopefully, if the weather holds out for Memorial Day 2012! It usually ends up raining on my camping parade for Memorial Day weekend, but when the weather has cooperated, camping in Packwood WA for the big Memorial Day weekend car show and flea market is great fun. I love strolling through the flea market, sometimes finding a treasure or two, although much of it is the typical junk that common vendors peddle hehe....enjoyable nonetheless and I'm hoping that it will be a warm and sunny holiday weekend this year....with that in mind, here is my "happy campers" vacation tag!
I think I used all but 1 stamp in this fun camping set from Penguin Pants stamps cus I stamped all the little accesories onto the twill and made a little camping scene complets with marshmellows roasting for smores, yummers!!

So actually my next project is not either a tag or a card...I'm not yet sure what catagory it will fall under haha, but I had a great time coloring this sassy diva MADISON ATTITUDE from Kenny K Downloads for the CRAFTY GIRLZ BLOG Challenge # 86- FUN AND GAMES and let's face it, what's more fun that shopping, am I right!
I heated up a bit of liquid applique to her jacket trim in an attempt to create a "faux fur" effect, then added diamond stickles to Madison's boots, scarf and belts. I think I overdid it on her blush, poor Maddy lol!

Look isn't this sentiment perfect for a shopping
diva like Miss Madison?! I think so! It's from
My Creative Time and the set is called Classy and Fabulous, created by Emma who
is a most classy and fabulous lady herself!
I'm also entering my Madison Attitude creation for:
PaperCrafting Journey PCJ challenge #5- Pretty Pastels
That's all for me today and thanks so much for stopping by! Big hugs and smiles!!! XOXO

11 comments:

Kate said...

Love the tag but I absolutely adore the 2nd one. BEAUTIFUL COLORING. You did an awesome job with the Kenny K image just Gorgeous.

Hugs,
Kate

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Fabulous card! Love the embossing and faux fur!
Thanks for playing with us at Paper Crafting Journey Pastel Colors Challenge.
Love, Laura
ps check my blog for my 100 follower goody box!

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Thanks for being my newest follower!
I voted for your project to be in the top 3 at Paper Crafting Journey. Check back tomorrow & see if you made it!.

Susie Little said...

Fantasic card! Thank you for playing along at KKKG, Good Luck!xx

Johnpaul said...

Thanks for the article camping and shopping, I love your website, really well done! shared article was super. greeting is extraordinary
camping storage units

Janis Lewis said...

You are ah-may-zah-zing! I love the tag and the gorgeous card. I also love camping. Thanks for playing!! :) Janis

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! A lot of details and great colors.

Thank you for joining us at KKKG this week!

Jessica

jessica said...

Camping and shopping~2 things I love to do also!!!
Great projects!!
TFS

arjette said...

Wooowww it's gorgeous!!!!!!
Thanks for joining us at KennyK's!!

gr. arjette.

Stephi said...

wow!! Amazing!!! So cool done!

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

What a great tag ... happy campers. Thanks for joining in at 52 Tags